Vacancy: Accessibility Freelancer
Location: Central London
Contract Type: Short-term contracts
Day Rate: Market rate, subject to experience
Start Date: Immediate
Please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
We’re looking for an experienced freelancer to help support our expanding Accessibility Department during peak periods. Individual projects can range from a few days to several weeks.
You’ll need to be experienced, self-sufficient and capable of working on projects from the first day.
You will have strong technical skills with a good understanding of the concepts of web accessibility.
You will be based in our office in the City and may occasionally work on-site with client organisations.
Working on audits, expert reviews, accessibility user testing and consultancy.
- Undertake technical accessibility audits of digital products.
- Conduct expert reviews of digital products using assistive technologies.
- Strong understanding of WCAG 2.0 and a history of manually checking websites against them.
- Experience of assistive technologies to such a level that you can conduct an expert review using at least one of JAWS, Dragon NaturallySpeaking or ZoomText.
- At least two years' relevant experience.
- Use of lightweight testing tools. Experience of automation tools would be useful.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good presentational skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience of working with external clients.
About Test Partners
Since 2001 Test Partners has specialised in testing websites and web-based applications, with accessibility testing and consultancy being one of our three core services. We have conducted hundreds of accessibility projects for clients ranging from small digital agencies to public sector organisations and corporates such as the BBC, the Financial Conduct Authority and Transport for London.
Our facilities include an in-house accessibility test lab with a wide range of PCs, Macs, mobile devices and assistive technologies and a UX lab for conducting user testing projects.