Vacancy: Accessibility Consultant
Location: Central London
Contract Type: Permanent, full time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £35k to £45k depending on experience
Start Date: Immediate
Please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
We are expanding our team and have a new role for an Accessibility Consultant. Responsibilities will include technical audits of digital products, testing with assistive technologies such as screen readers, and user-testing with people with accessibility needs.
You will have strong technical skills, a good understanding of the concepts of web accessibility and ideally experience of user testing with people with disabilities.
You will be based in our office in the City and will also work on-site with client organisations.
Day to Day Responsibilities
Working on audits, accessibility user testing, training and consultancy.
- Undertake technical accessibility audits of digital products.
- Conduct expert reviews of digital products using assistive technologies.
- Moderate and report on accessibility user testing.
- As part of the team deliver, develop and expand the range of services.
- To undertake any other task consistent with the scope of the post.
- Strong understanding of WCAG 2.0 and the techniques for testing for compliance.
- Demonstrable experience of assistive technologies.
- At least two years' relevant experience.
- A secondary area of relevant knowledge – programming, UX, BS8878, etc., is highly desirable.
- Use of lightweight testing tools. Experience of automation tools would be useful.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good presentational skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience of working with external clients.
About Test Partners
Since 2001 Test Partners has specialised in testing websites and web-based applications, with accessibility testing and consultancy being one of our three core services. We have conducted hundreds of accessibility projects for clients ranging from small digital agencies to public sector organisations and corporates such as the BBC, the Financial Conduct Authority and Transport for London.
Our facilities include an in-house accessibility test lab with a wide range of PCs, Macs, mobile devices and assistive technologies and a UX lab for conducting user testing projects.