Accessibility Training for Project Managers
Accessibility is increasingly important during the process of building and updating websites. Project managers need to ensure that the required level of accessibility has been met.
In this hands-on one day course, you will learn about 10 of the most important accessibility criteria and the techniques for testing them on your websites. No technical knowledge is required.
We also offer a two day course that includes substantially more time for hands-on testing and one-to-one tuition with our trainers.
Duration: One day.
Attendee Profile: Project managers and senior producers.
Course Size: Up to 20 people.
Cost: Up to 6 people - £1200 plus VAT
7 to 12 people - £1800 plus VAT (two trainers will deliver this course)
13 to 20 people - £2400 plus VAT (three trainers will deliver this course)
The price is based on conducting the training at your premises inside the M25. Additional travel costs may apply outside the M25.
We will show you how to:
- Test that text has sufficient colour contrast
- Check the 'alternate text' for images
- Use a website without a mouse
- Check that form controls and their text labels are correctly associated
- Assess the semantic structure
- Check for reliance on colour or sensory characteristics such as shape or location
- Stop or pause audio that starts automatically
- Pause, stop or hide information that is moving, blinking, scrolling, or auto-updating.
- Check that page titles describe the topic or purpose of each page
- Check that link text is meaningful
We will do this by:
- Explaining success criteria
- Demonstrating how to test it
- Providing an opportunity for hands-on testing so that you can put your training into practice.
Note that these techniques are not a substitute for professional accessibility testing. They are not sufficient to verify that a website is accessible but they are able to verify that it is not.